The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct which is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010;
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those people who do not share it;
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
The Equality Act 2010 introduced a Single Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED), which extends to certain protected characteristics:
- Religion or belief;
- Sexual orientation;
- Pregnancy and maternity;
- Gender reassignment.
In accordance with our PSED, and in line with our Co-operative Values, at St Clere’s we have exceptional regard for the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and any other conduct that is prohibited by the Act,
- Advance equality of opportunity for all students
- Foster good relations across all students and groups of students
St Clere’s school ethos holds at it’s heart the basic tenets of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equity, equality and solidarity are values which we encourage our students to practice not only in our school community, but out in the wider community in which they live.