Statistics show us that children from low-income families are far less likely to leave school with good GCSE results than other children. The government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best; this funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’.
At St Clere’s we intend to close the gap between students who are from deprived backgrounds compared to those are from non-deprived backgrounds. We aim to:
- Distribute, monitor and account for Pupil Premium funding.
- Personalise the needs for Pupil Premium children.
- Work closely with parents, pupils and staff to identify, monitor and track pupil progress, particularly in English and Maths.
- Provide a wider opportunity for intervention and enrichment experience to all Pupil Premium children.
Using the Money
Schools are free to spend the money in any way they feel will improve the aspirations, access and achievement of students. Money will be allocated under the following methods of support:
- Learning in the curriculum
- Social, emotional and behavioural enrichment
- Families and communities/2294/year-7-literacy-and-numeracy-catch-up-premium
- Alternative learning pathways
Check below with Thurrock County Council to find out if you’re eligible for Free School Meals