Staff, students and parents celebrate our highest exam results to date
Head teacher, Mrs Hughes expressed delight with the pupil results this year and how proud she was of the hard work that has been carried out by staff and students.
Mr Griffiths, CEO of St Clere’s Co-operative Academy Trust said, ‘The 2016 GCSE results are a credit to the staff and students at St Clere’s School. On behalf of the Trust, I would like to congratulate the Head teacher and staff.’
Mrs Hughes stated, ‘These fantastic results which go against the national trend, are well deserved and reflect the positive ethos and thirst for learning demonstrated at St Clere’s on a daily basis.’ Some of the highlights are:
- 79% achieved A*-C in both English and Maths.
- 76% achieved 5 A*-C in both English and Maths.
- 85% of students achieved A*-C in Maths which continues the four year rising trend.
- 84% of students achieved A*-C in English which is a 33% increase on last year.
- 58% of students achieved one or more A* -A
- 49% of eligible students achieved English Baccalaureate.
- Further confirmation of the strong progress made by all students is the Progress 8 score which sits at 0.5**, one of the highest in the borough.
- Percentage of students achieving the miminum expected level of progress since joining St Cleres:
English Language: 89.74%
English Literature: 91.79%
A* – C Highlights:
Department for Education video explaining Progess 8: